CoMoUK are delighted to announce an online Built-Environment Event looking at the topic of ‘Developments that design out the car’. This webinar will be on Tuesday 21st June 2022 from 2.30pm until 4.00pm.
Across the UK, new developments are being designed, consented, and built out with underpowered and inconsistent approaches to the important role shared transport can play in delivering sustainability. In this context, the panel will engage with the issues raised in CoMoUK’s new report ‘New developments and shared transport: cutting car dependency’ discussing ways that we can encourage built-environment stakeholders to implement shared transport offerings in new developments and the reasons for doing so. The event will be a roundtable format with six expert contributors discussing the key topics raised in the CoMoUK report. After each topic is debated by the panel, CoMoUK will invite audience questions and comments for the panel’s response.
They would ask that all attendees make themselves aware of the report’s contents to ensure a lively and robust debate.
- Richard Dilks – CoMoUK Chief Executive (Event Chair)
- Debs Allen – Innovation and Future Thinking Manager, Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
- Cameron Laird – Senior Planner, City of Edinburgh Council Planning (Granton Waterfront project)
- TBC – Hadley Property Group
- David Milner – Deputy Director, Create Streets
- Rose McArthur – Director of Transport and Highways Cheshire West and Chester Council