The fund has been created to support local regeneration and sustainable development and comprises two grant programmes – Community Capacity Grants and Environment Grants. Up to £750,000 will be made available over three years.
Community Capacity Grants
- This programme will provide early stage financial support for community enterprise projects that contribute to local regeneration and sustainable development, and, ultimately, help create great places to live, work and visit.
- The fund is open to all communities up to five miles from Scotland’s coastline and within five miles of our rural estates.
- Crown Estate Scotland are looking for local projects with demonstrable community support that will:
- Contribute to the regeneration of places through improvements to buildings or community spaces, making these places more attractive, accessible and beneficial to the community
- Help create self-sustaining community enterprises that will promote sustainable development through the provision of local economic, social, and/or environmental benefits
- In the first year, a total of £150,000 of funding will be available for grants of between £10,000 and £50,000.
- Applications are being managed by Foundation Scotland and further information and details of how to apply can be found here: https://www.foundationscotland.org.uk/programmes/crown-estate-scotland
- Queries should be sent to email@example.com
- This programme will provide funding to Crown Estate Scotland tenants for projects on the Scottish Crown Estate which can deliver demonstrable environmental benefits.
- Typical projects could include:
- Initiatives to increase local biodiversity;
- Making the local environment more attractive through, for example, planting and landscaping;
- Facilitating a change to greener ways of operating e.g. measures to support recycling or waste reduction; enabling green travel; activities that reduce flood risk, pollution or carbon emissions; and
- Materials providing information e.g. display boards about the local environment.
- Projects which can demonstrate local community benefits as well as environmental benefits are encouraged.
- £100,000 funding is available in the first year, with individual grants of between £5,000 and £20,000.
- The programme is open to Crown Estate Scotland tenants and applicants must have an agreement with us at the point of application and when monies are awarded (February 2021).
- Applications are being managed by Crown Estate Scotland.