Your Festival, Your Community will be an event celebrating, learning about and connecting local film festivals from all over Scotland. It will be completely free to attend, open to any local film festival organisers in Scotland and the rest of the UK, or people interested in how they can support local film festivals.
Opening with an awards event on the evening of Friday 27 April, it will recognise and celebrate the achievements of local film festivals and the communities that support them. There will be the opportunity for your festival, or members of your community to make nominations in the following categories:
– Best Guest: who created a real buzz by: introducing a film, taking part in a Q&A, leading a workshop, or just being part of the festival scene?
– Most Surprising Location: from harbours to lighthouses, gable ends to living rooms, festivals are forever finding innovative new ways to screen films: has your festival found the most surprising location to screen a film yet?
– Extra Mile Volunteer: volunteers are the backbone of local film festivals: who has put in that extra mile to make your festival special and how have they done it?
– Biggest Surprise Hit: which film (short or feature) proved to be a surprise hit with your festival audience?
– Most Supportive Partner: a sponsor or a venue, a school or a local radio station—which festival partner has done most to make your festival special?
The deadline to make a nomination is 5pm Friday 23 March.
At the event, it will showcase the achievements of all the nominees and our special guest will present the winners with their award. There will then be a dinner reception and a chance to network and get to know other festivals.
Learning and Sharing
Saturday 28 April will be a day of learning, sharing and networking, with panel events and workshops catering to the priorities and experiences of the wide variety of local film festivals in Scotland and the rest of the UK.
For further details on the full programme and workshops please click HERE
Attending Your Festival, Your Community
Both Friday 27 and Saturday 28 April events are free to attend and take place at MacRobert, University of Stirling. Accommodation at a discounted rate will be available to book at Stirling Court Hotel, on campus – a 5 minute walk from MacRobert. Dinner is provided on Friday evening as part of the event, and lunch and break time refreshments are included on Saturday. Saturday’s activities will run from approximately 9.30am – 4.30pm
If you’d like to attend the event, please note your interest by emailing and letting us know if you’re interested in attending either or both days: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel and Accommodation Bursaries
There are limited number of bursaries available for travel and accommodation. Regional Screen can offer up to £150 for travel & accommodation, and up to £90 for accommodation. When you contact them to note your interest in attending, please also let them know if you will be applying for a bursary as well.
Please note this is not a SURF event, please contact Regional Screen directly with any queries.