Scottish Government has just opened the next annual round of the Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF).
The RCGF “supports projects that involve local communities in delivering local regeneration in disadvantaged areas… the fund focuses on projects that engage and involve local communities and those that can demonstrate the ability to deliver sustainable regeneration outcomes” (Scottish Government website)
The Fund has four areas of focus-
- Projects that primarily focus on areas which suffer from high levels of deprivation and disadvantage;
- Projects that will deliver transformational change with strong regeneration outcomes;
- Projects and programmes which have the potential to lever in private sector investment and address long term market failure;
- Projects that demonstrate clear community involvement;
Further details, and including the application form, guidance, and FAQs, are available in the Scottish Government information email.
In previous rounds of the Fund, Glasgow City Council – working in partnership with local organisations including housing associations, regeneration agencies and cultural organisations – secured several millions pounds for 14 projects. In addition to the criteria above, experience from previous rounds of the RCGF have shown that successful applications meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
- Address a local need for services and/or employment;
- Support from local community organisation(s);
- Support from local elected members;
- Evidence of match funding for capital works;
- Evidence of revenue funding and a viable business plan;
- Bringing Listed buildings or other buildings of merit back into productive use.
The deadline for this first stage of applications is 5pm on Friday 29 June 2018. Note that submissions are made by the Council rather than individual organisations (projects in the Clyde Gateway areas can apply through them). Scottish Government will then shortlist projects for the more detailed Stage 2 application process in the autumn (see dates below).
To allow GCC to review potential applications, advise on improving them, and prioritise them (a requirement of Scottish Government), we require draft applications to be submitted to us no later than Friday 22 June. As in previous years, we are expecting a significant number of applications from organisations in the city. GCC will only submit applications that are assessed as having a reasonable chance of being shortlisted.
Projects that applied and/or were shortlisted in the previous round of RCGF will require to revise and update their application if they wish to be considered this year.
For further information please contact Michael.Gray@glasgow.gov.uk