The virtual launch of Scotland’s AI Strategy.
Host: Nick Kwek, Technology Journalist & Filmmaker, BBC Click
11.30-11.45 Welcome and Introduction
11.45-12.00 Strategy Launch Keynote – Kate Forbes MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance
12.00-12.30 AI in Scotland Today
- Chair: Gillian Docherty OBE, (CEO, The Data Lab)
- Dr Murray Collins (Co-Founder, Space Intelligence), AI for Good: Mapping land cover to support Natural Capital Asset Index tracking in Scotland
- Kate Forbes MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance
- Doreen Grove (Head of Open Government, Scottish Government), Ethics and the Data & Intelligence Framework
- Dr Gerald Lip (Consultant Radiologist, NHS Grampian) and Dr Ken Sutherland (President, Canon Medical Research Europe), AI in Healthcare
- Andrew Richards (Founder and CEO, Codeplay)
12.30-12.50 Delivering on the Strategy – Albert King, Chief Data Officer, Scottish Government
12.50-13.20 AI Beyond Scotland
- Chair: Prof David Lane (Director, Edinburgh Centre for Robotics)
- Søren Frederik Bregenov, Senior Consultant at KL – Local Government Denmark
- Sana Khareghani, Head of HMG Office for AI
- Kate MacDonald, New Zealand Government Fellow to the World Economic Forum and Special Digital Adviser, Ministry for Business, Innovation and Employment, Hikina Whakatutuki
- Ivan McKee MSP, Minister for Trade, Innovation and Public Finance
- Stefaan Verhulst, Co-Founder of Gov Lab
13.20-13.30 Closing Remarks – Ivan McKee MSP, Minister for Trade, Innovation and Public Finance
Booking and Further Information
Please register by 15 March 2021 to secure your place.
Book your free place HERE
Please note this is not a SURF event. Please contact the organisers directly with any queries.