About the SURF Awards
SURF’s annual awards process is delivered in partnership with the Scottish Government. It is open to all community regeneration projects in Scotland that are currently in place or that have been completed within two years of the closing date. The purpose of the SURF Awards is:
- To recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration;
- To promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice;
- To highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
The SURF Awards has been running since 1998. It provides an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building and develop a national profile. SURF Award winners also receive additional showcase opportunities through SURF activities throughout the following year.
The 2021 SURF Awards
- Creative Regeneration
- Housing and Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Supporting Youth Employability
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
At this time SURF plan to run the Awards process as per previous years, sticking to the dates listed below. Should physical visits not be possible SURF have alternative arrangements for this, and the Awards Dinner.
- 3rd June: Awards open for applications
- 6th September: Application period closes at 5pm
- Mid-Sept – Nov: Assessment, shortlisting and site visits by 20 independent judging panel experts. Please note that the judges will specify the day to visit shortlisted projects, which will be between the 27th Sept – 28th Oct.*
- 9th Dec – Results announced at a celebratory Dinner in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow*
* At this time we hoped that the process will return to a physical format but should restrictions be in place the project visits and Presentation Dinner would revert to the 2020 virtual format.
The 2021 Application Forms can be found below in both Word and Writable PDF format. We strongly advise that applicants read through the short information paper prior to completing their application. This contains criteria and all of the information regarding the process.
Completed applications should be sent to Emma Scott via email, email@example.com, by 5pm on Monday 6th September.
If you have any queries about your application please email Emma directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scotland’s Most Improved Place
Housing and Regeneration
Supporting Youth Employability
Community Led Regeneration
Previous SURF Awards
A full summary of the 2020 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2019 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2018 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2017 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2016 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2015 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2014 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
Information on all recent annual SURF Awards iterations can be accessed on this webpage.