About the SURF Awards
SURF’s annual awards process is delivered in partnership with the Scottish Government. It is open to all community regeneration projects in Scotland that are currently in place or that have been completed within two years of the closing date. The purpose of the SURF Awards is:
- To recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration;
- To promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice;
- To highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
The SURF Awards has been running since 1998. It provides an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building and develop a national profile. SURF Award winners also receive additional showcase opportunities through SURF activities throughout the following year.
The 2019 SURF Awards
- Creative Regeneration
- Housing and Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Supporting Youth Employability
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
- 6th June: Awards open for applications
- 2nd September: Application period closes at 5pm
- Mid-Sept – Nov: Assessment, shortlisting and site visits by 20 independent judging panel experts. Please note that the judges will specify the day to visit shortlisted projects, which will be between the 23rd Sept – 30th Oct.
- 5th Dec – Results announced at a celebratory Dinner in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
The Information Paper and Application Forms for the 2019 SURF Awards can be found below. Please complete either the PDF or Word form and return to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 2nd September. If you have any queries you can contact Emma Scott directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on 0141 4406392.
This paper contains information on timescales, instructions on entering and the criteria for each of the five categories.
Housing and Regeneration
Community Led Regeneration
Supporting Youth Employability
Scotland’s Most Improved Place
SURF Awards Film
SURF commissioned former Award winner Plantation Productions to make a short film looking back at 20 years of the SURF Awards. This film was showcased at the 2018 Awards Dinner. The film is now on our YouTube channel at the link below.
Previous SURF Awards
A full summary of the 2018 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2017 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2016 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2015 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2014 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
Information on all recent annual SURF Awards iterations can be accessed on this webpage.