About the SURF Awards
SURF’s annual awards process is delivered in partnership with the Scottish Government. It is open to all community regeneration projects in Scotland that are currently in place or that have been completed within two years of the closing date. The purpose of the SURF Awards is:
- To recognise and reward best practice and innovation in community regeneration;
- To promote and disseminate best practice across Scotland as means of sharing knowledge and experience, and thereby enhancing future policy and practice;
- To highlight the role that regeneration projects have in improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
The SURF Awards has been running since 1998. It provides an opportunity for regeneration projects of all sizes to demonstrate value to funders and partners, support team-building and develop a national profile. SURF Award winners also receive additional showcase opportunities through SURF activities throughout the following year.
The 2018 SURF Awards
This year marks the 2oth Anniversary of the SURF Awards and SURF will be celebrating this milestone in a number of different ways throughout the year.
Minister for Local Government and Housing, Kevin Stewart MSP, will be formally opening the Awards for applications on the afternoon of Tuesday 12th June 2018 at an event in Govan.
- Creative Regeneration
- Community Led Regeneration
- Youth Employability: Overcoming Barriers
- Scotland’s Most Improved Place
- 12th June: Awards open for applications
- 17th September: Application period closes at 5pm
- Mid-Sept – Nov: Assessment, shortlisting and site visits by 20 independent judging panel experts
- 6th Dec – Results announced at a celebratory Dinner in the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
Please download the Information Paper, which contains information on the criteria, and relevant application form below. You can send completed application forms to email@example.com
Scotland’s Most Improved Place
2018Application, Scotland’s Most Improved Place (Fillable PDF)
2018Application, Housing (Fillable PDF)
2018Application, Housing (Word)
Community Led Regeneration
2018Application, Community Led Regeneration (Fillable PDF)
2018Application, Creative Regeneration (Fillable PDF)
Youth Employability: Overcoming Barriers
2018Application, Youth Employablility.Overcoming Barriers (Fillable PDF)
Please note that by submitting an application form SURF will hold your details and contact you regarding SURF Award related activities.
SURF will be running the Caption Competition again this year. We are looking for funny captions for the frog sheltering from the rain image. You can send them in via Twitter, Facebook, post or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous SURF Awards
A full summary of the 2017 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2016 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2015 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
A full summary of the 2014 SURF Awards outcomes is available here.
Information on all recent annual SURF Awards iterations can be accessed on this webpage.