Join us for a free and interactive SURF debate on our 2021 regeneration policy manifesto with representatives of the main political parties.
- Debate the future of regeneration in Scotland
- A free to attend digital event
Over the past 9 months, SURF has been consulting widely to develop a policy Manifesto, which sets out a series of ‘bold and practical’ recommendations for the next Scottish Government.
SURF’s 2021 Manifesto for Community Regeneration proposes actions the SURF network believe would improve place-based regeneration activities and outcomes across Scotland, including in the fields of land use, transport and climate change.
We are using the Manifesto as a basis for a ‘Scottish Election Question Time’ debate in the weeks leading up to the Scottish Parliament elections.
This online event will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 15 April. Representatives from Scotland’s leading political parties will be invited to respond to SURF’s Manifesto, highlight their party’s key regeneration policies, and answer questions from the SURF audience.
SURF delivered a similar event in 2016 with leading politicians including the then Scottish Government Minister for Local Government and Community Empowerment, Marco Biagi MSP – click here for an event report.
A copy of SURF’s 2021 Manifesto for Community Regeneration is available to download HERE
2pm Introduction – SURF Vice Chair Brian MacDonald & SURF Policy Manager Derek Rankine
2:10pm Opening Statements from Party Representatives
- Scottish National Party – Kevin Stewart, Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning
- Scottish Labour Party – Sarah Boyack, Shadow Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform
- Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party – Maurice Golden, Shadow Cabinet Secretary for the Economy, Fair Work and Culture
- Scottish Green Party – Patrick Harvie, Co-Leader
- Scottish Liberal Democrat Party – Paul McGarry, Housing Spokesperson and Vice-Convenor
2:35pm Open Questions & Debate
3:20pm Closing Statements
3:25pm Closing Remarks – Brian MacDonald
When and Where
Time & Date: Thursday 15 April, 2-3:30pm
Platform: Zoom – please note that you do not need a subscribed Zoom account to attend.
To book your free place please complete the booking form HERE.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SURF is currently awaiting notification from the Scottish Conservatives, Scottish Greens, Scottish Labour, Scottish Liberal Democrats and Scottish National Party on their representatives. This page will be updated as participants are confirmed.