Sustainable, Mixed Communities and Master-Planning in the Context of Place-Making – 14/10/2009
SURF Open Forum
Sustainable, Mixed Communities and Master-Planning in the Context of Place-Making
This Open Forum took place in Glasgow and featured the following key participants:
- Mike Galloway, Director of City Development, Dundee City Council
- Scott Davidson, Head of UK Regeneration, Halcrow Consulting
- Petra Biberbach, Chief Executive, Planning Aid for Scotland
- Susie Stirling, Principal Planner, Architecture and Place Team, Scottish Government
The core objectives for the event were to:
- Facilitate a better understanding of the current status of policy and practice around place-making and master-planning.
- Outline opportunities (and any significant barriers) for the enhancement of public policy around place-making and master-planning.
The following downloads are available from this event:
- Keynote presentation by Mike Galloway
- Introductory presentation by Edward Harkins of SURF
- Bibliography paper with links to relevant recent reports and suggested further reading
SURF Open Forums are funded by the Scottish Government’s Scottish Centre for Regeneration with the aim of providing independent and informed feedback to policy-makers and practitioners.